Can i transfer a liquor license to another building?!

Question: Can i transfer a liquor license to another building!?
i have a friend that had a restaurant in dallas texas he has a liquor license for that restaurant !. he is thinking of opening a restaurant in midlothian texas and wants to server beer and liquor!. can he use the same license or does he have to apply for a new license!. he is also thinking of not selling beer in the dallas location because its a industrial area hes only open breakfast and lunch so people really don't drink there !. could he just transfer the license from dallas to midlothian!?Www@FoodAQ@Com

Sorry, Victor!. You can transfer a liquor license from one person (or company, corporation, partnership, etc!.) to another!. The license can also be moved to a new location!.

Whatever is done, has to be done through an application process with the Dept!. of Alcoholic Beverage Control!. Www@FoodAQ@Com

I doubt it!. Here in California, any sort of facility permit or license is non-transferrable between different locations!. I'm sure it's the same in Texas!.Www@FoodAQ@Com

It looks like it MAY be possible to do that!. Here is a list of forms/instructions from the TABC:


Depends on your state regulations!.Www@FoodAQ@Com

probably easiest to get a new liquor licenseWww@FoodAQ@Com

The consumer Foods information on is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.
The answer content post by the user, if contains the copyright content please contact us, we will immediately remove it.
Copyright © 2007 FoodAQ - Terms of Use - Contact us - Privacy Policy

Food's Q&A Resources