what does 20% alcohol by vol mean on a bottle of whiskey?!


Question: What does 20% alcohol by vol mean on a bottle of whiskey?
Answers:

It means that 20% of the liquid in that bottle is pure alcohol. The remaining 80% is various ingredients used in distilling the whiskey. The higher the ABV, the more drunk you're going to get. Happy trails!



Must be diet whisk(e)y (of which I did not know existed) as it is typically 40% alcohol
by volume or higher which means just that: 40% or more of its total content is alcohol



that's the %age of alcohol in the bottle.

20% for whiskey is quite low. Most decent whiskeys start at around 40% & some of the top quality scotch/whiskeys are up to 80%



20% alcohol by volume = 40 proof. Most decent whiskeys are 80 proof.



It means it's 20% pure alcohol.. ideally you should be aiming for the 40% mark for a decent hangover.




The consumer Foods information on foodaq.com is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.
The answer content post by the user, if contains the copyright content please contact us, we will immediately remove it.
Copyright © 2007 FoodAQ - Terms of Use - Contact us - Privacy Policy
0